Worshipsong Band version 2.8 is now releasing for all platforms: Windows, MacOS, IOS, and Android. We've added new capabilities to our app to help create better flow in your worship sets.
- A new Song Arrangement feature lets you skip or loop sections, and save arrangements in your set list. These options are conveniently accessed via a right click or long press on the song timeline, and can be done over the network.
- Pad Capabilities have been significantly enhanced. You can now use the touchscreen or a MIDI controller to play pad notes in any key, allowing you to create transitions between songs or use pads to underlay prayer time. Pad notes can be commanded over a network, so any member of your band or tech team can do it.
- Layered Ambient Loop support is now added. You can use special tracks that seamlessly loop for any amount of time you want to create just the right atmosphere for spoken worship, bible reading, or prayer.
- As always, we continue to improve the stability and quality of our software.
All of the new version 2.8 features have been added based on user requests, continuing our tradition of listening and responding to the needs of our worship leader user community. Worshipsong Band remains the most feature rich worship multi track platform available, and, of course, remains free, Our open format is the only dedicated 'user friendly' playback platform that does not require you to register, use our cloud, or buy your content from a single provider. Many users source their content from multiple sources, and even make many of their own tracks. And, of course, independent artists from around the world offer their tracks in the Worshipsong Store, most completely free. Worshipsong Band ensures a consistent playback experience for content from all sources.
Worshipsong Band version 2.6 is now releasing for all platforms: Windows,MacOS, IOS, and Android. In the new version, the capabilities of the application have been significantly enhanced, most notably the audio interface:
- A new Band Mix feature allows two independent mixes, one for the house and another for the band featuring click/metronome, cues, and any other instruments. This is available on all platforms.
- A 4 channel stereo out mode adds allows full stereo output on 2 channels and the Band Mix on 2 additional ones (Windows/Mac)
- Up to 16 independent stems routed into user-definable buses can be output via dedicated audio interfaces allowing complete control of your full mix from a sound desk. Stems routed can also include all of Worshipsong Band's built-in audio tracks such as pads, cues, or metronome (Windows/Mac).
- A new Visual Beat option gives a visual metronome indicator, synchronized with the built-in metronome or click, even on wirelessly linked remote chord viewers.
- Two column chord display can now be selected on IPad and IPad Pro devices in landscape mode.
- Western European extended font characters can be used in chord chart/lyric displays,covering Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian Dutch, French, etc.
- A built-in automated import utility is available for all of Musicademy's extensive library of Worship Backing Band Pro WAV multitracks (covering some 250+ songs). These are affordable, high quality tracks, in congregationally friendly keys, that include vocals. The supplied WAV stems are imported in high-quality lossless FLAC format, so you get the full quality of WAV playback in a smaller file size suitable for mobile devices. The import utility is currently available as a part of WorshipSong Band version 2.6 for Windows, but the resulting files may be used on all platforms.
All of the new version 2.6 features have been added based on user requests, continuing our tradition of listening and responding to the needs of our worship leader user community. Worshipsong Band remains the most feature rich worship multi track platform available, and, of course, remains free, Our open format is the only dedicated 'user friendly' playback platform that does not require you to register, use our cloud, or buy your content from a single provider. Many users source their content from multiple sources, and even make many of their own tracks. And, of course, independent artists from around the world offer their tracks in the Worshipsong Store, most completely free. Worshipsong Band ensures a consistent playback experience for content from all sources.
We are always looking for ways to enable Worship Leaders to make use of more and cheaper resources. Our new release of WorshipSong Band gives users a whole new way to use our software. New features include:
Metronome and Guide Tracks
Worshipsong Band now includes a metronome feature. Any tempo from 20-150 BPM may be set, in times of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8,and 8/8. In addition, song timings may now be specified in tempo beats in addition to minutes/seconds. Adding songs just became a whole lot easier, and it's a snap to set up your chord charts to work in WorshipSong without tracks, allowing your band to use a click track even without any audio augmentation.
Guide tracks is our name for combined click and cue tracks. These are a part of many multitrack offerings. What is different about WorshipSong Band's guide tracks is that they need not be pre-recorded. WorshipSong now has the capability to automatically build a click track and play cues to accompany music you add to the app. As long as the song follows a consistent tempo, WorshipSong Band will supply the needed click and cues. And both click and cues follow you through the song as you loop and jump to different sections.
How does this save money? Take a look at the video below, where we show how you can use a simple rhythm track and get all the features of a full multitrack offering (except individual instrument control), as a small fraction of the cost of a full multitrack. Such rhythm and split tracks are widely available for just about any song.
WorshipSong Band now allows tempo control of your songs. All features of the app such as looping,pitch control, chord charts, etc work with tempo control. This allows you to fine tune the speed of the song. Due to the app's sophisticated looping features, a song's tempo can only be adjusted prior to playing the song, but the desired tempo is always set in the set list.
These were actually introduced a couple of versions back, buy they a great to add ambiance to your set, as well as a good way to seamlessly link songs together with their built-in cross-fade feature. A single set of pads in all keys is all that is required, and WorshipSong automatically plays them based on the key of your song.
Remember, all versions of WorshipSong Band are available on all platforms, and we never release a version for one platform that is out of sync with the others. Whether you use Windows, MacOS, IOS, or Android, WorshipSong Band will work for you.