If you have ever recorded a worship song, it is an exhilarating experience, but also a lot of work. First there is the writing, wrestling with the words to make them work with the music and rhyme, and say what God has put on your heart to say. There is capturing the right melodies, and putting them together. If you are making a studio recording, there is the process of lining up a producer, players or your band, and the preparation of the tracks if used. Then there is the recording, sometimes over multiple sessions. You and the producer sifting through the mixes, finding the right ones. Adding the effects, mixing, mastering. Then there is the distribution. Preparing the masters. Uploading them for the CD or digital distribution process. Tagging the MP3.s, Creating cover art. Social media, etc, etc. For a quality recording, it can be months of effort.
Worshipsong Band version 2.9is now releasing for all platforms: Windows, MacOS, IOS, and Android. We've added new capabilities to our app to help create better flow in your worship sets through adding a new 'Presentation' feature to the set list. Using this new window offers much more control of the flow of your set, such as:
Worshipsong Band version 2.6 is now releasing for all platforms: Windows,MacOS, IOS, and Android. In the new version, the capabilities of the application have been significantly enhanced, most notably the audio interface:
- A new Band Mix feature allows two independent mixes, one for the house and another for the band featuring click/metronome, cues, and any other instruments. This is available on all platforms.
- A 4 channel stereo out mode adds allows full stereo output on 2 channels and the Band Mix on 2 additional ones (Windows/Mac)
- Up to 16 independent stems routed into user-definable buses can be output via dedicated audio interfaces allowing complete control of your full mix from a sound desk. Stems routed can also include all of Worshipsong Band's built-in audio tracks such as pads, cues, or metronome (Windows/Mac).
- A new Visual Beat option gives a visual metronome indicator, synchronized with the built-in metronome or click, even on wirelessly linked remote chord viewers.
- Two column chord display can now be selected on IPad and IPad Pro devices in landscape mode.
- Western European extended font characters can be used in chord chart/lyric displays,covering Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian Dutch, French, etc.
- A built-in automated import utility is available for all of Musicademy's extensive library of Worship Backing Band Pro WAV multitracks (covering some 250+ songs). These are affordable, high quality tracks, in congregationally friendly keys, that include vocals. The supplied WAV stems are imported in high-quality lossless FLAC format, so you get the full quality of WAV playback in a smaller file size suitable for mobile devices. The import utility is currently available as a part of WorshipSong Band version 2.6 for Windows, but the resulting files may be used on all platforms.
All of the new version 2.6 features have been added based on user requests, continuing our tradition of listening and responding to the needs of our worship leader user community. Worshipsong Band remains the most feature rich worship multi track platform available, and, of course, remains free, Our open format is the only dedicated 'user friendly' playback platform that does not require you to register, use our cloud, or buy your content from a single provider. Many users source their content from multiple sources, and even make many of their own tracks. And, of course, independent artists from around the world offer their tracks in the Worshipsong Store, most completely free. Worshipsong Band ensures a consistent playback experience for content from all sources.
We are always looking for ways to enable Worship Leaders to make use of more and cheaper resources. Our new release of WorshipSong Band gives users a whole new way to use our software. New features include:
Metronome and Guide Tracks
Worshipsong Band now includes a metronome feature. Any tempo from 20-150 BPM may be set, in times of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8,and 8/8. In addition, song timings may now be specified in tempo beats in addition to minutes/seconds. Adding songs just became a whole lot easier, and it's a snap to set up your chord charts to work in WorshipSong without tracks, allowing your band to use a click track even without any audio augmentation.
Guide tracks is our name for combined click and cue tracks. These are a part of many multitrack offerings. What is different about WorshipSong Band's guide tracks is that they need not be pre-recorded. WorshipSong now has the capability to automatically build a click track and play cues to accompany music you add to the app. As long as the song follows a consistent tempo, WorshipSong Band will supply the needed click and cues. And both click and cues follow you through the song as you loop and jump to different sections.
How does this save money? Take a look at the video below, where we show how you can use a simple rhythm track and get all the features of a full multitrack offering (except individual instrument control), as a small fraction of the cost of a full multitrack. Such rhythm and split tracks are widely available for just about any song.
WorshipSong Band now allows tempo control of your songs. All features of the app such as looping,pitch control, chord charts, etc work with tempo control. This allows you to fine tune the speed of the song. Due to the app's sophisticated looping features, a song's tempo can only be adjusted prior to playing the song, but the desired tempo is always set in the set list.
These were actually introduced a couple of versions back, buy they a great to add ambiance to your set, as well as a good way to seamlessly link songs together with their built-in cross-fade feature. A single set of pads in all keys is all that is required, and WorshipSong automatically plays them based on the key of your song.
Remember, all versions of WorshipSong Band are available on all platforms, and we never release a version for one platform that is out of sync with the others. Whether you use Windows, MacOS, IOS, or Android, WorshipSong Band will work for you.
Bruce Adolph: Holland, you have had quite a history of being involved in worship music and now you are rolling out a “destination” website that offers several opportunities for those involved in modern worship music. Please give us an overview of what your vision is for www.worshipsong.com?
Holland Davis: On the surface the vision of worshipsong.com is very simple. Provide a way for worship leaders and worshippers to hear a complete song and download a FREE chart so they can teach the song to their church, bible study, or simply play it during their personal times of worship. It was born out of a conversation I had with Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa who said, “my sermons are free, why can’t worship songs be free.” So, I prayed and the idea for worshipsong.com was born.
Now, the unexpected surprise came when I received a call from an A&R guy in the industry who asked me about a song I wrote called “I Will Stand”. I asked why. He said it went from the 800’s to the 300’s on CCLI over one reporting period and he wanted to hear the song. What was the difference? Worshipsong. com. The only place the song was promoted was on the site. I learned from this experience that one of the benefits of worshipsong.com is greater exposure to worship leaders, which means greater visibility on CCLI.
Another surprise was the number of worship leaders and worshippers wanting to purchase the songs to distribute to their worship teams. I felt that a FREE chord chart allows me to fulfill Pastor Chuck Smith’s vision to make worship FREE, but I felt that a FREE recording would be asking too much. It takes a lot of money to record a song and I only felt it was fair to charge for the mp3’s. This led us to offer the ability for songwriters to sell their songs via worshipsong.com. This can happen one of two ways. They can sell their songs through our online store, or they can sell their songs by linking back to their website or iTunes. We also secured distribution into iTunes and 500 Christian bookstores via on-demand kiosks with selected songs from worshipsong. com. Our desire was really focused on ministry,
Worshipsong is an independent music distribution platform that puts your songs directly into the hands of worship leaders. We have missionaries from all over the world who look to worshipsong as their source of music. There are a couple features we built into worshipsong to make it easy for churches to use your songs in worship. I would encourage you to take these simple steps to making your songs available.
1. Make sure you upload a pdf Chord Chart of your song
2. Take advantage of the share button. You will want to use Twitter and Facebook to announce to others that your song is available to them.
3. Make sure you rate your song. It's another way of getting your song attention.
4. Encourage your friends to make comments and rate your songs. This increases your chance of being noticed by search engines.
5. Include album artwork. It let's people know that your song is worth listening to. Make it look like an album cover even if it's a demo.
6. Also, make sure you include tags on each of your songs.
7. Tell your friends about worshipsong.com and encourage them to join for FREE and make playlists that include your songs. I think of playlists as my personal radio station that I can program the songs I like.
REPRINTED FROM TECHNOLOGIES FOR WORSHIP MAGAZINE
There is no doubt that we are living in one of the most prolific and creative times for worship music in the history of Christianity. It reminds me of something a pastor once told me... during times of spiritual awakening there is a renewed passion for God’s Word, a changed lifestyle devoted to prayer and the outpouring of new worship songs. We see evidence of this outpouring and focus on songs of praise via the proliferation of worship songs making their way on top 40 radio charts, the advent of top selling “worship” artists and even the rise of independent websites devoted to providing new distribution channels for the song of faith. Worship even made the stage of American Idol as battling contestants joined together to sing Shout To The Lord.
Welcome to Worshipsong.com.
Worshipsong is a FREE independent praise and worship music distribution network that features the best in new worship music written by local worship leaders.
It is the only website of it's kind that is totally focused on music that is written by the church and for the church. The reach of worshipsong.com is global and we are privileged to serve missionaries all over the world who do not have access to new songs of praise and worship. For them, worshipsong.com is their only source of music. It's for that reason that we encourage all our writers to include a pdf of their praise and worship song so others can hear them, learn them and use them in their local church congregations.